Chief Legal Advisor and Officer-in-Charge: Reparation, Restitution and Restoration.
What We Do
- Serves as principal legal advisor to OGF and chiefly leads all communications on the current OvaHerero-Nama litigation efforts in New York Federal Court, USA.
- Supported by five respective Chief Specialists in History, Economics, Jurisprudence, Development and Social-Phycology and Accountancy, serves as Officer in Charge of Reparation, Restitution and Restoration;
- Serves as the 2nd principal Deputy to the Chairperson and as such, in the absence of the Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson, assumes all roles, powers and authorities of the Chairperson.
- Shall take active role in the advocacy and mobilization efforts for purposes on building local and global networks and partnerships and shall in support of that effort specifically endeavor to produce scholarly and advocacy materials on the status of OvaHerero Genocide in Public International Law, the rights of descendants of OvaHerero victims to Restitution, Restoration under statutes speaking to the crime of Genocide.
- This Office shall particularly study the language and implications of the Ancestral Land Rights Commission Report and craft an advisory note for OGF and by extension OTA but chiefly draw from it and other relevant literature a brad position paper on the validity and viability of OvaHerero pursuit for ancestral land restoration and restitution.